Delete Retained Messages Recursively Plugin
The Delete Retained Messages Recursively Plugin is a small plugin which enables a MQTT client to delete the retained message of a topic and the retained messages of all it’s subtopic at once.
How to use the plugin
Usually a retained message is removed, by publishing a new retained message with an empty payload to the topic of the retained message that should be deleted.
As long as this plugin is installed, the retained messages of all subtopics will be removed as well.
- Copy the plugin into the plugins directory of your HiveMQ
- Run HiveMQ
- Connect with an MQTT client
- Publish a retained message with a not empty payload to the topic “test”
- Publish an other retained message with a not empty payload to the topic “test/a”
- Publish an empty retained message to “test”
- Both retained messages should be removed