HiveMQ 4.1 Feature Release
Written by HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: April 16, 2019
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.1.
The two big announcements for this release are:
- We created an open source version of HiveMQ with basic MQTT broker functionality. You can read more details about this announcement on our blog. In addition to the new open source HiveMQ Community Edition, we have created the commercial products, HiveMQ Professional and HiveMQ Enterprise. More details about the editions are available on our website.
- We have released the HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka. This new extension to HiveMQ enables data streams from IoT devices to be ingested into Apache Kafka. This provides our customers a seamless integration of MQTT messages between HiveMQ and Apache Kafka.
HiveMQ 4.1 also comes with the following improvements:
- Improved scalability of shared subscriptions
- Improved windows start scripts for Java 11
- Improved cluster join for container environments
- Improved unsubscribe handling during cluster topology changes
- Improved performance across the board, especially with topology changes
- Fixed an issue where a queued message metric could get negative
- Improved Cluster Node Shutdown
You can download the new HiveMQ version here.
We recommend to upgrade if you are an HiveMQ 4.x user.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team