The HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka makes it possible to seamlessly integrate MQTT messages with Kafka clusters. The extension implements the native Kafka protocol so HiveMQ acts as a first-class Kafka client. This allows for MQTT topics to be mapped directly to Kafka topics and forward messages directly to multiple Kafka clusters in a high-performant, scalable and reliable manner.
HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka includes the following capabilities:
- Connect and route IoT device data to multiple Kafka clusters allowing for a single HiveMQ platform to support different types of devices and routing device data to different back-end applications.
- Support of all MQTT 3.1.1 and MQTT 5 features.
- Makes it possible to map millions of MQTT topics to a limited number of Kafka topics using MQTT wildcards.
- End-to-end persistent messaging guarantees from device to Kafka so no messages are lost.
- Monitoring of MQTT messages written to Kafka through the HiveMQ Control Center.
HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka is available for free download and evaluation. This extension only works with HiveMQ Professional or HiveMQ Enterprise.
The evaluation version is limited to operate for only 5 hours. You will need to restart HiveMQ each time you want to reset the 5 hour limit. Please contact HiveMQ sales if you would like a longer evaluation license.
How to install
To install the HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka, download the extension from the download page.
Unzip the downloaded zip file into the
extensionfolder of your HiveMQ installation.
The HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka must be installed on all HiveMQ broker nodes in a HiveMQ cluster.
The extension is now installed and needs to be configured for your individual Kafka cluster(s) and topics. An example configuration file can be found inside the unzipped folder. See the configuration chapter in the official documentation for all possible configuration options.
You can check if the extension is installed and configured properly by checking the HiveMQ Logs and the created Kafka tab of the HiveMQ Control Center.
If you encounter any problems, we are happy to help. The best place to get in contact is our support.
Back to marketplace