Watch the Webinar
- 00:00 - Introduction to Speakers
- 03:40 - Industry 4.0 and the Future of Manufacturing
- 05:08 - Challenges and Business Drivers for Digital Transformation and Digitization
- 09:19 - Importance of a decoupled data messaging architecture and the role of MQTT and MQTT Sparkplug specification in addressing IIoT challenges
- 13:24 - What does Sparkplug offer for IIoT applications?
- 20:45 - Sneak peek into Sparkplug 3.0 specification and Sparkplug Compatibility program
- 24:03 - Features of HiveMQ platform as a Sparkplug-compliant MQTT broker
- 32:08 - Use case discussion on Regulatory Reporting for Chemical and how Sparkplug can help
- 35:52 - Use case discussion on Pharma Supply Chain Optimization and how Sparkplug can help
- 38:16 - Use case discussion on Upstream oil & gas use case and how Sparkplug can help
- 40:50 - Use case discussion on Chemical Product Traceability and how Sparkplug can help
- 43:22 - Q&A
Sparkplug is an open-source software specification for increasing MQTT interoperability, developed mainly in IIoT and Industry 4.0. It provides MQTT Clients with a framework to seamlessly integrate data from their applications, sensors, devices, and gateways within the MQTT infrastructure in a bi-directional and interoperable way.
The goal of MQTT Sparkplug is to upgrade the architecture of tightly-coupled, complex, and customized connections and data exchange between the components of OT and IT to a decoupled and centralized modern architecture.
Join Ravi Subramanyan and Ryan Bateman in this live webinar to learn:
How Sparkplug can bring data interoperability and connect your manufacturing machines and processes with enterprise data centers
The unique features of Sparkplug that provide additional benefits to manufacturing customers
Details about the new Sparkplug 3.0 specification released by the Eclipse Sparkplug Working Group, and what that means to current/future customers and vendors
How HiveMQ can help guide customers in their Industry 4.0 journey with Sparkplug and Unified Name Space (UNS)
How Sparkplug compares to other similar standards like OPC UA and ISA 95 when it comes to data modeling
Common customer use cases for Sparkplug
Ravi Subramanyan, Director of Industry Solutions, Manufacturing at HiveMQ, has extensive experience delivering high-quality products and services that have generated revenues and cost savings of over $10B for companies such as Motorola, GE, Bosch, and Weir. Ravi has successfully launched products, established branding, and created product advertisements and marketing campaigns for global and regional business teams.
Ryan is the Senior Product Manager for Tools & Extensions at HiveMQ. He is a leader, manager, and technologist with 20 years of experience in software product and a strong technical background in mobile, enterprise web-applications, and IoT. Ryan is building out a strategy of integration and expansion to best solve customers' machine-to-machine communication problems.