The HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension makes it possible to integrate existing enterprise security systems into your HiveMQ device authentication and authorization workflow. The extension makes it possible to provide a single source of truth for device authentication and authorization information across multiple HiveMQ brokers operating in a cluster and provides a single source of management for the security information.
HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extensions includes the following capabilities:
- Integration with third party enterprise security systems, like:
- SQL databases
- OAuth/OpenID Connect provider via JSON Web Tokens
- LDAP server and MS Active Directory
- Allow for fine-grained authorization rules that can specify permissions for specific clients or a group of clients.
- A structured access log for tracking security related device information.
- Access control for the HiveMQ Control Center.
HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension is available for free download and evaluation. This extension only works with HiveMQ Professional or HiveMQ Enterprise.
The evaluation version is limited to operate for only 5 hours. You will need to restart HiveMQ each time you want to reset the 5 hour limit. Please contact HiveMQ sales if you would like a longer evaluation license.
How to install
- This Extension is preinstalled in your HiveMQ 4.4 download and disabled. To enable the HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension locate the extension folder of your HiveMQ installation and remove the DISABLED file.
- The extension is now installed and needs to be configured for your individual setup. An example configuration file can be found inside the unzipped folder. See the official documentation for all possible configuration options.r
- You can check if the extension is installed and configured properly by checking the HiveMQ Logs.
Need HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension for an older HiveMQ version? Get the download here.
If you encounter any problems, we are happy to help. The best place to get in contact is our support.
Back to marketplace