The HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension makes it possible to integrate existing enterprise security systems into your HiveMQ device authentication and authorization workflow. The extension makes it possible to provide a single source of truth for device authentication and authorization information across multiple HiveMQ brokers operating in a cluster and provides a single source of management for the security information.
HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extensions includes the following capabilities:
- Integration with third party enterprise security systems. Release 1.3 includes support for username/password and roles/permissions stored in a SQL database. Current databases supported: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Azure SQL, and Amazon Aurora
- Allow for fine-grained authorization rules that can specify permissions for specific clients or a group of clients.
- A structured access log for tracking security related device information.
- Access control for the HiveMQ Control Center
HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension is available for free download and evaluation. This extension only works with HiveMQ Professional or HiveMQ Enterprise.
The evaluation version is limited to operate for only 5 hours. You will need to restart HiveMQ each time you want to reset the 5 hour limit. Please contact HiveMQ sales if you would like a longer evaluation license.
How to install
- To install the HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension, download the extension from the download page.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file into the
extension folder of your HiveMQ installation.
- The HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension must be installed on all HiveMQ broker nodes in a HiveMQ cluster.
- The extension is now installed and needs to be configured for your individual setup. An example configuration file can be found inside the unzipped folder. See the official documentation for all possible configuration options.r
- You can check if the extension is installed and configured properly by checking the HiveMQ Logs.
If you encounter any problems, we are happy to help. The best place to get in contact is our support.
Back to marketplace