HiveMQ Community Edition 2023.1 is released
Written by HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ CE
Published: February 8, 2023
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ CE 2023.1.
This release provides plenty of great improvements and fixes:
- Added XSD schema files for validation of broker configuration files
- Added native M1 RocksDB library to HiveMQ bundles for better manageability when running HiveMQ with RocksDB on MacBook M1 models.
- Improved the priority handling of HiveMQ extensions that use the same extension services to avoid possible conflicts.
- Adjusted the naming of extension executors to facilitate accurate debugging.
- Optimized memory consumption when millions of clients are connected.
- Improved performance for use cases that have a large number of subscribers for the same shared subscription group.
- Improved stability and performance for inbound PUBLISH packets to high volume shared subscriptions
- Optimized caching to eliminate unnecessary Java heap memory consumption.
- Improved HiveMQ event log feedback for failed authentication to include custom reason strings from extensions.
- Increased message throughput rates and payload cleanup performance in deployments with a large number of CPU cores.
🐞 Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue that could prevent successful HiveMQ shutdown when the diagnostic mode is enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the HiveMQ broker to log duplicate extension starts during startup on some Windows desktop installations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect handling of will messages when a client reconnects or takes over a session with an enabled clean start flag.
- Fixed an issue to prevent a potential memory leak on systems where no extension sets plugin initializers.
- Improved handling in the cleanup service to fix an issue that could cause a periodic cleanup task to get stuck.
- Updated dependencies on third-party libraries.
You can find more information about and download the release on the GitHub release page.
Be sure to check out the project on GitHub.
We recommend this upgrade for all HiveMQ Community Edition users.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team