HiveMQ Community Edition 2023.1 is released
Written by The HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ CE
Published: February 8, 2023
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ CE 2023.1.
This release provides plenty of great improvements and fixes:
- Added XSD schema files for validation of broker configuration files
- Added native M1 RocksDB library to HiveMQ bundles for better manageability when running HiveMQ with RocksDB on MacBook M1 models.
- Improved the priority handling of HiveMQ extensions that use the same extension services to avoid possible conflicts.
- Adjusted the naming of extension executors to facilitate accurate debugging.
- Optimized memory consumption when millions of clients are connected.
- Improved performance for use cases that have a large number of subscribers for the same shared subscription group.
- Improved stability and performance for inbound PUBLISH packets to high volume shared subscriptions
- Optimized caching to eliminate unnecessary Java heap memory consumption.
- Improved HiveMQ event log feedback for failed authentication to include custom reason strings from extensions.
- Increased message throughput rates and payload cleanup performance in deployments with a large number of CPU cores.
🐞 Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue that could prevent successful HiveMQ shutdown when the diagnostic mode is enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the HiveMQ broker to log duplicate extension starts during startup on some Windows desktop installations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect handling of will messages when a client reconnects or takes over a session with an enabled clean start flag.
- Fixed an issue to prevent a potential memory leak on systems where no extension sets plugin initializers.
- Improved handling in the cleanup service to fix an issue that could cause a periodic cleanup task to get stuck.
- Updated dependencies on third-party libraries.
You can find more information about and download the release on the GitHub release page.
You can get the embedded API as a Maven artifact from Maven Central, JitPack.
Be sure to check out the project on GitHub.
We recommend this upgrade for all HiveMQ Community Edition users.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team