HiveMQ Community Edition 2021.1 is released
Written by Silvio Giebl
Category: HiveMQ CE
Published: March 4, 2021
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ CE 2021.1.
This release provides plenty of great improvements and fixes:
- The retain as published subscription option is now supported for shared subscriptions
- Added option to override the default destination of automatically-generated heap dumps to facilitate troubleshooting in containerized environments
- Improved performance and memory usage, especially:
- Streamlined handling for multiple connected clients to limit memory consumption and increase performance
- Optimized message throughput for subscribers with high publication rates
- Enhanced in-memory persistence performance, including:
- Reduced GC pressure for better in-memory persistence performance
- Fewer context switches for better in-memory persistence performance
- Improved handling of shared subscriptions that have large numbers of inflight messages
- Improved scaling of clients with the same shared subscription
- Improved payload persistence
- Updated dependencies
You can find more information about and download the release on the GitHub release page.
Be sure to check out the project on GitHub.
We recommend this upgrade for all HiveMQ Community Edition users.
Have a great day,
Silvio from the HiveMQ Team
About Silvio Giebl
Silvio Giebl is a software developer at HiveMQ and maintainer of the HiveMQ MQTT Client open-source library. He is interested in high-performance applications on the JVM and reactive programming.Contact Silvio