HiveMQ 4.8.7 Maintenance Release
Written by The HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: December 6, 2022
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.8.7.
This maintenance release for the 4.8 series includes the following improvements:
- Improved memory management to ensure prompt clean-up of outdated vector clocks when a client session is removed.
- Significantly reduced the CPU usage of clean-up tasks in systems with large numbers of sessions.
- Disabled localization in third-party log messages for increased consistency and ease of validation.
- Added ERROR/WARN log messages that provide information when the creation of a backup cannot be successfully completed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrectly appended JSON log messages when JSON logging is in use.
- Fixed an issue in overload protection handling that could cause a NullPointerException to occur.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an exception to be thrown during the shutdown of a HiveMQ cluster node.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect handling of will messages when a client reconnects or takes over a session with an enabled clean start flag.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong will message to be sent when a client with an enabled clean start flag takes over a session on a different node.
HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka
- Fixed an issue that could impact the availability of MQTT to Kafka executor metrics in the HiveMQ Enterprise Extension for Kafka.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team