HiveMQ 4.8.2 Maintenance Release
Written by HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: June 28, 2022
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.8.2.
This maintenance release for the 4.8 series includes the following improvements:
- Added a metric for the days until an enterprise extension license expires.
- Fixed an issue that could cause cluster members to falsely detect an inconsistency during replication and negatively impact performance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an exception to be thrown when the HiveMQ Control Center was used in certain high-load scenarios.
- Fixed the issue of client session attributes sometimes incorrectly being saved in backups.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a retained message to be sent without publish attributes.
- Improved HiveMQ startup to provide greater speed and stronger data folder protection.
- Improved the way that disconnects due to keep-alive timeouts are handled to provide greater resilience in case of a massive disconnect wave.
- Reduced memory usage during backup creation for better handling of sizable message queues with large messages.
- Enhanced INFO level log statements to provide detailed reason information when a backup restoration contains invalid data.
- Adjusted HiveMQ platform bundling to ensure that only the latest version of the MQTT CLI tool is included in the package.
- Fixed an issue in the MQTT CLI issue that caused errors when displaying incoming publishes with correlation data as JSON.
- Added validation in HiveMQ Swarm to ensure that messageExpiry and keepAlive are within bounds.
- Added proper feedback for agents in HiveMQ Swarm when allocating the listening port fails.
- Fixed an issue in HiveMQ Swarm to ensure that all clients disconnect when a scenario is interrupted.
- Fixed an issue in HiveMQ Swarm to ensure that will-messages are correctly sent in every case.
- Fixed an issue in HiveMQ Swarm that caused its process not to terminate after the scenario had finished.
If you currently use HiveMQ 4.x, we recommend upgrading to version 4.8.2.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team