HiveMQ 4.5.20 Maintenance Release
Written by HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: November 8, 2022
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.5.20.
This maintenance release for the 4.5 series includes the following improvements:
- Reduced memory usage during the trace recording of MQTT packets.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the HiveMQ broker to log duplicate extension starts during startup on some Windows desktop installations.
- Adjusted the naming of extension executors to facilitate accurate debugging.
- Fixed an issue in which overload protection could unnecessarily prevent a client from publishing.
- Fixed an issue where messages got enqueued and not delivered to connected clients after a node left the cluster.
- Improved clean-up handling when overload protection back-pressure ends for better memory usage.
- Added metric
com.hivemq.shared-subscriptions.overall.currentthat tracks the current number of shared subscriptions on the HiveMQ broker.
HiveMQ Enterprise Bridge Extension
- Improved the clarity of HiveMQ Enterprise Bridge Extension loss of connection log entries.
- Added the -m:empty to the publish command of the MQTT CLI to specify an empty payload.
- Adjusted the MQTT CLI tool to ensure correct handling of the no clean start option in PUBLISH and CONNECT operations.
- MQTT CLI now prints no malformed output on unsupported platforms for ANSI colorings.
- The debian package of the MQTT CLI now supports headless java runtimes.
- Adjusted the MQTT CLI tool to ensure correct handling of the request problem information option in PUBLISH and CONNECT operations.
- Fixed an issue in the MQTT CLI tool to ensure that user properties are correctly included in UNSUBSCRIBE operations.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team