HiveMQ 4.4.1 Maintenance Release
Written by The HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: September 2, 2020
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.4.1.
This maintenance release for the 4.4 series includes the following improvements:
- Increased efficiency of client event replication during a cluster topology change when numerous clients are connected to the broker.
- Improved handling of queued consumer messages after an ungraceful shutdown to ensure correct extension performance.
- Corrected an issue that could prevent proper negative CONNACK acknowledgment when the identifier of a client is not set.
- Refined process for accurate resumption of in-flight message publication to extensions after restart in a single-node deployment.
- Fixed an exceptional arithmetic condition that can intermittently throw an ArithmeticException when a message is queued for a shared subscription during a cluster merge.
- Adjusted behavior to ensure that publishing clients receive a PUBACK for all publishes during cluster topology changes.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent further publication of messages when a PublishOutBoundInterceptor is used to drop messages.
- Improved performance of clusters that undergo frequent topology changes around a consistent core.
- Resolved an issue where a low message rate could occasionally cause an extension to cease message publication.
- Improved handling of maximum keep alive for MQTT 5 clients.
- Adjusted handling of empty client IDs for MQTT 3 clients.
- Corrected enforcement of the maximum connection limit for clusters that use a CPU-based license.
- Adjusted implementation of maximum topic length to ensure correct application of the restriction.
- Fixed an issue where bridge clients did not provide correct credentials upon reconnect.
- Enhanced logging functionality in the HiveMQ Enterprise Bridge Extension.
- Fine-tuned HiveMQ startup behavior to wait for all extensions to load before accepting connections to ensure that all expected extension behavior can execute properly.
- Added small improvements in areas such as message handling to boost overall HiveMQ performance.
If you currently use HiveMQ 4.x, we recommend upgrading to version 4.4.1.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team