HiveMQ 4.0.2 Maintenance Release
Written by The HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ Release
Published: February 4, 2019
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ 4.0.2. This is a maintenance release for the 4.0 series and brings the following improvements:
- Improved overall messaging performance.
- Improved connect performance.
- Improved HiveMQ start up in environments without default language.
- Improved logging for extension reload.
- Improved validation of extension system output objects and builders.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a node to join an existing cluster.
- Added log statements indicating the state of ongoing data redistribution when a node leaves the cluster.
- Fixed an issue where HiveMQ start up could be blocked by a broken extension.
- Improved handling for queued messages when in-flight queue is already full.
- Added metrics for pending messages.
- Control Center now shows queued Qos 1 and 2 publish messages for each client.
- Fixed an issue with the subscription and retained message metric that could result in incorrect values.
- Fixed an issue where the duplicate delivery flag was set incorrectly.
- Added warning for possibly incorrect configuration of static cluster discovery.
- Improved client take over handling on cluster merge.
- HiveMQ now ignores non-extension folders in the extension directory.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to clients being listed twice in the Control Center client table.
- Fixed an issue where messages would only be delivered once, if a client simultaneously had identical shared and regular subscriptions.
- Fixed an issue where a QoS 2 publish message can expire, if the message was already sent but not acknowledged.
- Updated log messages when client was disconnected via Control Center.
- MQTT 5 clients now receive a DISCONNECT packet when exceeding maximum packet size.
- MQTT 5 clients now receive a DISCONNECT packet when disconnected via extension system or Control Center.
- Improved HiveMQ startup time on Windows.
You can download the new HiveMQ version here.
We recommend to upgrade if you are an HiveMQ 4.x user.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team