MQTT 5 - Features and hidden gems
MQTT 5 is the biggest and most feature-rich update to the protocol specification ever. Learn everything you always wanted to know about MQTT 5 in detail with this blog post series. We are going to explore all hidden gems and protocol features with use case discussions and useful background information - one blog post at a time.
- MQTT 5: Introduction to MQTT 5
- MQTT 5: Is it time to upgrade to MQTT 5 yet?
- MQTT 5: Foundational changes in the protocol
MQTT 5 Protocol changes
- Custom Headers and User Properties
- Reason Codes and Negative Acknowledgements
- Payload Format and Content Types
- Server Disconnect
- Connect Options
- Session Expiry
- Message Expiry
- Shared Subscriptions
- Content Type Indication
- Request / Response Pattern
- Subscription Identifier
- Topic Alias
- Flow Control
- Optional Server Feature Availability
- Enhanced Authentication Mechanisms
- Subscription Options
- Will Delay
- Server Keep Alive
- Maximum Packet Size
- Assigned Client Identifiers
- Server Reference
MQTT 5 compatible Client Libraries
- to be announced
Hope you enjoy the series.
We love to hear your feedback: Get in touch!