The HiveMQ MQTT Client 1.1.4 is released
Written by Silvio Giebl
Category: HiveMQ MQTT Client MQTT Client
Published: March 4, 2020
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ MQTT Client 1.1.4.
This patch release for version 1.1 includes the following improvements:
- Adjusts handling to prevent possible disconnect/reconnect loops when QoS 2 PUBREL packets are resent.
- Ensures that event loops are always released to eliminate an issue that some threads unnecessarily remain active in rare cases (hostname not found and reconnect disabled).
- Automatically validates the Will payload maximum of 65,535 bytes to provide better feedback and decrease errors.
- Further optimization of memory usage, a client instance now only uses around 5 kB
TopicAliasAutoMappingfor better utilization of topic aliases
- Reduced flush calls for many small messages for better utilization of MTU size
- Small improvements for enhanced authentication handling
- Also ping when no message has been read for the keep alive time
- No I/O exceptions are logged while disconnecting when the server sends an RST instead of a FIN flag
- Connecting to an MQTT 3 only broker with MQTT 5 now returns an
Mqtt5ConnAckwith reason code
UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL_VERSIONinstead of an
- Added Javadoc for reason codes and other enums
- Improved Gradle build files
- Improved test coverage
- New users section in the readme and documentation. If you use the HiveMQ MQTT Client in a project that is not listed in the new section, feel free to open an issue or pull request.
Also check out the project on GitHub.
We recommend upgrading to this patch release for all HiveMQ MQTT Client library users.
Have a great day,
Silvio from the HiveMQ Team