HiveMQ ESE 1.4 released
Written by The HiveMQ Team
Category: HiveMQ ESE IoT Security
Published: November 22, 2019
The HiveMQ team is pleased to announce the availability of HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension 1.4.
The 1.4 version of the HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension (ESE) adds some great new functionality:
- Authenticate MQTT clients with the help of JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Check claims in the JWT claims or use the introspection endpoint of the authentication server to validate JWT offline and online.
- Automatically disconnect MQTT clients when their JWT expires.
- Authenticate connecting MQTT clients of a pipeline without any credentials check for testing purposes.
- Allow every action to all connecting MQTT clients of a pipeline to facilitate testing.
- Concatenate or split ESE variables with new preprocessors.
- Extract information from one or more JWT claims into ESE variables.
Download the new HiveMQ ESE 1.4 version here.
If you currently use a 1.x version of the HiveMQ Enterprise Security Extension, we recommend that you upgrade to ESE 1.4.
Have a great day, The HiveMQ Team